英國影集 / 維多利亞
UK Drama series / Victoria / An Ordinary Woman
- Since we last met, I have declared (宣布) the intention (意圖) of allying myself in marriage to Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
- I hope that God will bless (祝福) this union (結合) and render it conducive (使其有利) to the interests of my people as well as my own domestic happiness (家庭幸福).
- Before I congratulate (恭喜) you, Ma’am, may I remind you that the Sovereign (君主) may not marry a Roman Catholic without forfeiting the throne (喪失皇位)?
- The Prince’s Uncle, Leopold, became a Papist (天主教徒) when he became King of the Belgians. How can we be sure that Prince Albert is in fact a Protestant (新教徒)?
英國影集 / 唐頓莊園
UK Drama series / Downton Abbey / S2E1
- How did you and Matthew meet?
- Oh, in London. My father works in London, so I’ve always lived there. But I love the country, too.
- Of course you do.
- Daddy’s a solicitor (事務律師), like Matthew.
- My, my. You’re very well placed if you’re ever in trouble with the law.
- Did I tell you I’ve been given me a colonelcy (陸軍上校的職位) in the North Riding Volunteers? So I’m properly in the army again.
- Hmm. Congratulations (恭喜).
- He won’t go with them, will he, when they’re called to the front (前線)?
- I hope not, but he seems to think so.
- You don’t mind my bringing Lavinia?
- On the contrary, I’m glad. Glad to see you happy.
- What about you? Are you happy?
- I think I’m about to be happy. Does that count?
- It does if you mean it.
- You’ll be the first to know.