英國影集 / 浴血黑幫
British television series / Peaky Blinders / For the cause
- Ada, sit down here for a minute. Ada, if anything happens to me today . I need you to post (寄) this letter. The stamp’s already on. Don’t ask any questions. It’s to do with insurance (保險).
- Look, Tommy? Whatever it is you’re involved in, just tell us. God, you never let anybody in. We love you, Tom.
- What are you doing up at six o’clock in the morning?
- What the bloody hell’s going on?
- Little errand (差事).
- What errand?
- He just has to stand there, Ada.
- Stand where?
- Let’s go. Come on.
- James, what’s going on? Don’t listen to him, James, he’ll get you killed! What errand?
- For the cause, Ada. The good old cause.
英國影集 / Josh
British sitcom / Josh / Bed & Breakfast
- Ding ding.
- Ready for round two (第二回合), Lennox Lewis?
- Oh, I think it’s a bit early for that kind of thing.
- Oh, by the looks of things, you’re not wrong. Where’s it gone?
- It’s very chilly (冷), it’s a draughty (透風) room.
- And if you’re wondering where your pants (褲子) are, one leg is on the floor and the other leg is in the corridor (走廊).
- Yeah, it’s all coming back to me now.
- Someone’s certainly earned themselves one shagger’s (炮友) breakfast.
- Ah, I’ve got things to be getting on with, so I should go.
- It’s your house.
- Yeah, of course it is.
- I tell you what, why don’t I make us a fry-up (*), seeing as you’ve given me your bed, and a bit more? A couple of fried eggs.
- No, thank you.
- Cos you know I’m always up for sausage (香腸), don’t you?
- Maybe we could even experiment (實驗) with hash brown (馬鈴薯餅).
- Oh, no thanks, very much not my scene.
- We’ll see.
- You do realize those were all innuendos (暗示), right?
- Yeah, I got that.
(*) A fry-up is a meal consisting of a mixture of foods such as sausages, bacon, and eggs that have been fried.
英國影集 / 9號秘事
British television programme / Inside No. 9 / Migg’s Reward
- Err, OK, come up.
- Sorry, I just found it.
- Oh, where, where was it?
- By the shops.
- Oh, didn’t even know I’d lost it.
- It’s all there. I didn’t take anything.
- Oh, no, no, I was just I’ve got some dry-cleaning (乾洗) in, and you know what it’s like when you can’t find your ticket.
- I don’t do much dry-cleaning.
- Well, look, thank you and I want to give you something.
- Oh, you don’t have to.
- No, no, I’d like to. I’ve only got 20s. Haven’t got any change, have you?
- I might have a little bit in my cup.
- Nah, nowhere near enough. Alright, look, I’m going to give you … I’m going to give you two 20s.
- Oh, no, that’s too much.
- Yeah, it is. Ideally I would give you 30, but, well, you saved me a lot of hassle (麻煩), you know? Cancelling (取消) cards, and so, thanks.
- I’m Migg.
- My name’s Migg.
- No, Migg. Two Gs.
- Steady on (冷靜點), I’ve just given you two 20s.
- Sorry, do you want them back?
- No, I was making a joke about the Gs being like grands (千).
英國影集 / 維多利亞
UK Drama series / Victoria / An Ordinary Woman
- Since we last met, I have declared (宣布) the intention (意圖) of allying myself in marriage to Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
- I hope that God will bless (祝福) this union (結合) and render it conducive (使其有利) to the interests of my people as well as my own domestic happiness (家庭幸福).
- Before I congratulate (恭喜) you, Ma’am, may I remind you that the Sovereign (君主) may not marry a Roman Catholic without forfeiting the throne (喪失皇位)?
- The Prince’s Uncle, Leopold, became a Papist (天主教徒) when he became King of the Belgians. How can we be sure that Prince Albert is in fact a Protestant (新教徒)?
英國影集 / 最後崗位
British television series / The Last Post
- She sells seashells (貝殼) on the seashore (海邊). The seashells that she sells are seashells … sea shore.
- Come on, Joe! She sells seashells on the seashore. The seashells that she sells are seashells, she’s sure.
- We were playing it on the plane, but you couldn’t get it, could you, darling? Not at all. Not even slowly.
- We only got married a week ago. We didn’t have time for a honeymoon (蜜月), so this drive is it. This is our week in Capri, Armstrong.
- What was he like? Captain Page?
- Technically he hasn’t left yet. He won’t be doing much sleeping tonight, though.
- You haven’t answered my question.
- We trusted him with our lives, sir.
- What about me? Who are my new friends going to be?
英國影集 / 索恩醫生
UK Television series / Doctor Thorne / Trailer
©Once Upon a Time AV Work
母親奇望藉由 Frank 跟有錢女生結婚, 去改善家中經濟狀況, 全力撮合 Frank 與中年富婆, 希望達成婚事. Frank 萬般不願也得應酬, 想不到與中年富婆相談甚歡…
- To me, you are my daughter, and any man who has the honor (榮幸) of your love should be the envy (羨慕) of the world.
- Do you think me so very fair (很正點)?
- Is the woman who prevents (防止) a man from ruining (毀) himself the one who truly loves him?
- If you wish to see me happy ever again, marry money!
- You wicked (邪惡) boy!
- Marry money?
- That’s it, to marry money.
- And a pure heart and youth and beauty, I hope you’ll marry them all.
- Indeed, but there must be money.
- I am no match for Frank.
- Lady Arabella and Lady de Courcy are a pair of snobbish (勢利), selfish (自私) old crones (老太婆).
- I’ll never ask you to marry me again, if you say here and now you did not love me.
英國影集 / 波達克
British drama series / Poldark
Ross 要去遠方出庭受審, 決定獨自上路, 讓 Demelza 留守家中, 兩人難拾難離…
- So you leave me abed like the Queen of Sheba while you see to the chores (家務)?
- Is it not my duty to cherish (珍惜) my wife while I’m here; and to provide firewood for when I’m not?
- I wish we could stay like this forever.
- I wish so too. I’m only glad for your sake (為你著想) you’ll not see me in court.
- No, Ross.
- You will stay here?
- Yes, Ross. If that’s what you wish.