美國影集 / 菜鳥新移民
American sitcom / Fresh Off The Boat / Year of the Rat
©ABC Television Network
Jessica 給大家講解農曆新年的各種習俗, 大家好奇又興奮, 後來眾人發現所有的新年習俗, 似乎都離不開財富和好運, 覺得有點困惑. 都最後 Jessica 也對大家的十萬個為什麼無力招架了…..
- So, I’ve always been curious, why the color red?
- Thank you for asking. The color red represents good luck and happiness.
- Why do you serve dumplings?
- Well, dumplings are a similar shape to ancient silver and gold pieces. So when you eat them, it’s like you’re taking in wealth.
- Ah. Ooh. I like that. [Indistinct (模糊) talking]
- So the Chinese word for fish is a homonym (同義詞) for the word “surplus (剩餘).”
- And why lions?
- They’re used to summon (招來) wealth and good fortune.
- I thought red was for wealth and good fortune.
- And you said the haircuts were for wealth and good fortune.
- We like wealth and good fortune.
- I could listen to this all night.
- Each year corresponds to one of 12 different animals in the Chinese zodiac (中國十二生肖).
- I am the year of the dog.
- What kind of animal am I?
- What year were you born?
- Are some zodiac signs better…
- You know what? Enough for today. Great questions! No more! Thank you!